Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Yummy Treat

The girls and I made this yummy treat!  It was really refreshing to eat it out on the deck on a hot evening.

The first one we made with blackberries.
You need
2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blackberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk

Blend together the blackberries and sugar
Put it through a strainer to get the seeds out
Make sure to do this step.  I didn't read the directions and missed it.  I did it later but still had some seeds, which didn't work out for Annabelle.
Put it back in the blender and blend with the buttermilk
The little thing of buttermilk comes with 2 cups so you can double the recipe and use the whole thing or save it and make another batch another day.
Put it in a dish in the freezer
After an hour stir it up




Just before you are ready to eat it (2 or more hours later) put it back in the blender to smooth it up

Now you have a yummy blackberry sherbet.  It makes a really nice purple color.

We also did the same thing with strawberries.  I didn't put this one through the strainer because I didn't think there would be that many seeds.  Annabelle said it was too seedy.  Ariel didn't care.  I thought it was fine too. 

This is a yummy easy treat that you can make with your favorite fruit. 


Annabelle wants to try it with apples.  I'm not sure how that would turn out, but we will try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment