Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bathroom Update

I have been wanting a new bathroom floor since about the second day we moved into the condo.  Well nearly 6 years later my dream came true! 
I decided to do the sticky tiles because
*I didn't want to spend so much time on real times
*Laminate is not recommended for bathrooms
*Linoleum was reasonable, but the installation was pricier than I wanted to spend

That left us with the sticky tiles.  I was pretty sure that I could install these all by myself.
I measured the square footage of the bathroom. 
Bought the tiles.
Got the floors ready for laying them.
Put down a few and realized that my bathroom wasn't totally straight.
A quick call to Grandpa Pete and I was on my way.
He took off the trim and helped me find the best starting point. 
I did quite well if I do say so myself!
I called him back when I got stuck on some corners.
He removed the toilet and did under there.
He also sanded my trim and re-stained it.

I was fortunate enough to have some great helpers!

My bathroom looks like a whole new room.
I just need some new rugs and something on the wall.








This is a before of the bathroom floor.  An up-close shot shows the linoleum we have been living with.  Although it looks dirty it is actually really clean.  This is as clean as I can get it.  See why I wanted a floor with less grooves?



The girls loved being in the closet.  It was especially fun when that is the area I was working on.


Annabelle was very into measuring and helping.

She was so into it that she took the scrapes and laid them in the kitchen. 
She took the paper off the back so they would actually stick.
Fortunately it is not permanent right away - you have a chance to fix it.
I thought it was pretty cute that she did this.



The finished floor!  I love it.  It turned out great and I think it looks really good.

As you can see I need some new rugs.  These have been up in the closet and I knew they were blue so that is why I went with the blue paint.  Apparently I did not remember the intensity of the blue.
I registered for these when we got married.  Looks like my tastes have changed although I am not so sure that this blue was ever my taste. 



No comments:

Post a Comment