Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Friend Came To Visit!!!

This weekend one of my best friends from high school came to Michigan to visit.  After high school she moved to Florida to live with her mom.  I have only seen her a few times since she moved.  

One of the best things about my friendship with Ashley is that even though we don't see each other often and don't keep in touch as often as we want, we can always just pick right up where we left off.  With her there aren't those awkward moments of silence.  We can just talk and talk and talk.  

We had planned to get together on Thursday afternoon.  I had a meeting at work and then I was going to take half the day off.  We ended up getting to spend the whole day together due to a power outage at Lakeshore.  

I dropped the girls off at playgroup and then picked up Ashley at 9:15 am.  We went for breakfast and did a few things.  We picked up the girls and went home and played.  She stayed for tacos and cookie baking.  I brought her back to where she was staying at 7:00 pm.  

Being a Michigan girl, Ashley wanted to get to the beach.  Ashley was hoping to experience cool fall weather during her visit and Michigan delivered.  She came right in the middle of the very high winds.  We took a picture at the beach.  Keep in mind the super high winds when wondering why we look a little wind blown.




I am so glad that it worked out for us to spend the entire day together.  I guess it is my turn to go to Florida to visit her next!

No comments:

Post a Comment