Friday, October 22, 2010

Dress Up Paper Dolls

This project turned out so cute.   
I went found this blog (gwennypenny.com) by clicking on lots of blogs and just ending up there.
I printed the paper dolls, cut them out, and laminated them.  
I knew that I wanted the outfits to stick on somehow and I was originally going to do magnets so it could be used on the fridge.  Well, I didn't have any magnets and I wasn't exactly sure how it would work out so I used velcro.
This works perfectly.  
I wanted this to be easy to take places (restaurants, cars, etc.) so I thought that I could put the dolls on felt so they wouldn't move around too much.  
I took a piece of felt that I had and folded it in half and put a piece of velcro on the edge so it could close.
Then I made a pocket and hot glued 3 sides of it onto the outside of the folded felt.  I stuck a piece of velcro at the opening of the pocket.
I glued a bit of felt to the back of the dolls so they wouldn't slip.
I decorated the outside with fun things I had from my bow making days.
Annabelle loved it.










"Oh wow Mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment