Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cinderella

In my quest to be a great mom I have been trying to figure out how to be consistent with discipline. While in college I remembered learning about Love and Logic so I looked to see if they had it for young children. They do! I borrowed the book from the library and read it cover to cover. It was just what I was looking for.  It gives the child choices, but also consequences for not obeying.    


One of the things this book talked about was chores.  They said that children can start doing chores at age 3.  I figured since Annabelle was so close to 3 we could try it and see how it went.  I acted really excited and told Annabelle we were going to do chores.  She was really excited and loved helping mommy out.  When I told her she was done, she wanted to do more and found things to do herself.  I don't have a consistent chore schedule for her, but I do have her help me when I am cleaning. 
Hopefully she maintains this attitude as she gets older and will be expected to help out a bit more.

Check out some of the things Annabelle helps me with





Cleaning the sink

 




Hanging the laundry to dry










Cleaning the mirror


She also likes to help put away her dishes, set and clear the table, and use the dust buster.



No comments:

Post a Comment