Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kindness

Week 2 we focused on being Kind.
I think it is so important for my girls to be kind to everyone.

This week's verse


The girls got to put a sticker on the poster when they were kind.

We talked about how we need to be kind to people who aren't nice to us (Luke 6:27-36), how Jesus loves the children (Mark 10:13-16), and a few other stories of kindness in the Bible.
I find that when I read right from the Bible it is a little over the girls' heads so I like to go to Youtube and find the story on there.

We filled two bottles with water and added dirt to one.  Once the dirt settled to the bottom we talked about how the bottles look the same and people look the same on the outside, but once you see inside you learn they may not be kind (the dirty water).

We tried to think of kind things we could do for others, but this was a little hard for the girls.  They kept coming up with sharing their doll or snack while I was thinking making cookies for someone.  Since I didn't want to discourage them we just kept talking about being nice to our friends and sisters.
I'm sure as we keep talking about it and as they get older they will begin to think about what we can do to help others.


Do onto others as you would have them do to you.
Luke 6:31

No comments:

Post a Comment