Saturday, March 19, 2011

Baby On the Way


14.5 weeks

Here I am at 14.5 weeks.  I have never been one to take pictures of myself pregnant, but looking back I wish I did so that I could compare. 
I think there are a few reasons that I didn't:
a.  I was so sick that taking pictures was the last thing I wanted to do
b.  I was one of the first of my friends to have a baby so I didn't really see other belly pictures
c.  I was a bit self conscious of my growing tummy

With Ariel I did take one picture at the hospital in the gown.
This time I have been taking a picture every week.

I feel like I look pretty good for being 14 weeks with baby #3.  Like the girls, this baby is high, which is nice because I am still wearing my own jeans comfortably. 

It is sort of difficult to take a picture of yourself without it being blurry and making sure you get what you want. I added the pillow since the black shirt made it a bit hard to see.



I really started showing this week.  It was also obvious to my students.  I had one girl (2nd grade) sort of joke and say, "Are you having a baby?"  I told her I was and it took her awhile to believe me.  Then I had another little girl (1st grade) ask me.  Then she asked me again, then again.  I'm pretty sure on Monday she will ask me a few more times. 
I am anticipating a lot of tummy rubbing in my near future.  I am perfectly fine with this as I had lots of kids rubbing my tummy with the girls. 
It is really fun when they ask how the baby gets out.  Sometimes I make up a story about something silly or I tell them to ask their mama. 

I have been feeling better (as in not throwing up every single day), but I am still nausous about 100% of the time.  Once in awhile I will still get sick, but its maybe once a week or so.  I think it happens when the baby is growing.  This is just my theory, but I like it. 

We are excited to find out if it is a boy or a girl. 
As far as naming goes we have a boy name, but the girl name is a bit of a challenge for us.  We also have Annabelle's opinion to consider.  I was telling her some names and she said to me, "I just don't like the way your mind works."  It may take awhile to find a name the three of us like.  I'm sure if James and I pick one that Annabelle doesn't like we will be able to change her mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment