Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolution

I like to make New Years Resolutions.  I also like to keep them. 
If I were to make a goal to eat healthy or exercise or something like that I would fail. 
I like all things beginning with the letter "C" (candy, chocolate, cake, cookies, cupcakes, chips, carbs, etc.) (amazing how many things start with c, isn't it?) and I don't like to be sweaty.

So a couple years ago I decided to write a letter to someone each week.  I was over 50% successful at this one. 
Last year I decided to use glitter more.  I did pretty good at this one.  I glittered a few picture frames, letters, shoes, and other random things.

This year I am going to write to my little compassion boy (although he isn't little anynmore) from Ethiopia once a month.  I was feeling sort of bored with it.  He would write the same things to me in each letter, and I never really felt a connection.  A few months ago at church someone from Compassion International came to speak.  There was also someone who was once supported as a child.  She was saying how much the letters from her sponsors meant to her.  I realized that I might be bored because I am not giving it my all.  He is a kid, I can't expect him to entertain me.
I am hoping that by writing him a letter each month he will know that I am praying for him and his family.  I started supporting him when he was 4 years old.  He is now 13 years old.  I love that I have been able to be a part of his life for so long. 
What is your New Years Resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment